Applications of Technology in Emerging Markets
Emerging Markets Track
Pharma in the West is facing productivity problems. One option to overcome that challenge is getting active in emerging markets by either outsourcing to CRO's /CMO's in those countries, by partnering with companies in those countries or by setting up your own capacities there. In particular are India and China the places to go for pharma?
The centre of global pharmaceutical industry is shifting. So the topic will focus on chemical and pharmaceutical research and development in Asia. In particular,
- reasons, drivers and necessity for Big Pharma to go East
- selection of the right partners in India, China and Singapore
- importance and benefits of off-shoring for clinical R&D
- intellectual property risks in Asia
- different organizational models
- cross-cultural aspects to consider when doing business in Asia
The importance of off-shoring goes far beyond cost saving. Today it is about shortening cycle times, tapping into talent pools in India and China, penetrating new emerging huge markets and developing products for local markets in close proximity to customers.
In summary, off-shoring of chemical and pharmaceutical R&D represents a powerful tool to cope with the current productivity challenges in multinational Big Pharma.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will:
- Learn about status quo, benefits, insights, opportunities and risks of Pharma R&D off-shoring.
- Get to know India and China pharma market and domestic industry.
- Get insights into Intellectual property situation in Asian countries.
- Learn about off-shoring operating models and their pros & cons.
- Jeff Campie, USA
- Richard Forsyth, Senior Consultant, Hyde Engineering + Consulting, USA
- Nigel Hamilton, Global Quality, Strategy and Process Excellence, Sanofi Aventis, United Kingdom
- Aisling Horan, Validation Scientist, Alkermes Plc, Ireland
- Edwin Melendez, Principle Consultant, Parexel, USA
- Mark O'Reilly, Director Engineering, Alkermes Pharma Ireland Ltd, Ireland
- Kimberly Ray, A. Director Project Mgmt, Oso Biopharmaceuticals Mfg LLC, USA
- Julian Wilkins, Vice President, PharmaConsult US Inc, USA
- Paul Wreglesworth, Independent Consultant, United Kingdom