Facility of the Year Committee
The role of the Facility of the Year Committee is to ensure that the Facility of the Year Awards program remains the most widely acknowledged and premier global awards program to recognize state-of-the-art pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturing projects utilizing innovation and technology to reduce the cost of producing high quality medicines.
Members of the committee represent a global cross-section of the pharmaceutical industry, as well as ataff members from program co-sponsors ISPE. A member of the committee is selected by the ISPE Chairman of the International Board of Directors to serve as Committee Chairman for a one-year term.
The main priorities of the Facility of the Year Committee are to:
- Establish guidelines and criteria for the overall program, as well as the submission process.
- Make recommendations for developing a plan to promote the program and encourage entries.
- Make recommendations for selecting members of the Judges team.
- Serve as sounding board and respond to technical questions received during the submission process.
- Assist in the development of a Category Winners session during global educational events.