Sustainable Facilities COP Resources
These resources are just one of the many benefits of being a Sustainable Facilities COP Member. Join the
Sustainable Facilities COP and ask questions in the community discussions and gain solutions to
real-world problems. Also, share your experience and expertise by responding to inquiries.
Note that only ISPE Members can engage in these activities. If you are not an ISPE Member, join ISPE and take advantage of all the benefits that
membership has to offer.
- Best Practice Register ( 131 KB)
Case studies on continuous processing, building design, energy conservation, process optimization,
construction methods, green chemistry, and green packaging
- Best Practice: Condensing Steam Boiler - Recover Every
Last Drop (Pfizer Bornem Doc) ( 429 KB)
This case study discusses the unconventional but successful use of a condensing steam boiler that can offer
as much as 10% in fuel savings.
- Best Practice: GSK Innovative Manufacturing Initiative
(GSK Doc) ( 438 KB)
This case study discusses a novel means of pharmaceutical manufacturing that answers the need for sustainable
manufacturing techniques: continuous processing or process intensification for the manufacturing of API.
- What is Sustainability? ( 932 KB)
A presentation by the Sustainable Facilities COP explores the answers to this question through the eyes of
customers, pharmaceutical companies, suppliers and designers, and engineers.
- Green Ideas ( 244 KB)
Quick tips focusing on reducing air change rates, packaging material reduction, alternate fuel sourcing,
gowning material re-use, and low VOC flooring.
- The Greening of Pharma Webcast: Saving Energy (and Money)
in Manufacturing Facilities ( 10 MB)
These are screen shots of the slides given during this free-to-watch webcast on October 15, 2009. This
webcast focused on current best practices in energy management.
- Lessons Learned in Sustainability from Centecor’s Award
Winning Project ( 1 MB)
A presentation by Con Leddy of the PM Group looks at lessons learned, sustainability achievements, and
sustainable energy engineering from Centocor Biologics Ireland’s BioCork project, Category Winner of the 2009
FOYA for Sustainability.
- Labs 21 Presentation - What is a sustainable lab? ( 181 KB)
- Labs 21 Presentation - Designing Sustainable Labs ( 9 MB)
Presentations from the ISPE UK Southern Region Seminar on September 09, 2009
- ISPE UK Annual Conference 2010 - Sustainable Facilities
COP Update ( 2 MB)
Presentation given to delegates at the ISPE UK Affiliate Annual Conference held on November 18. 2010.
- March 20, 2009 - Minutes of the Meeting of UK & Europe
based Sustainable Facililties COP members ( 321 KB)
- Why Should I join the Sustainable Facilities COP? Overview
Presentation 2009 ( 2 MB)
A presentation by Nigel Lenegan, Chair of the Sustainable Facilities COP, gives an introduction and overview
of this ISPE community. Learn about its purpose, goals, and action plans to meet those goals.
- UK Carbon Reduction Commitment: Preparing for a New
Climate Changing Policy 2009 ( 41 KB)
- Pharmaceuticals Sector Carbon Emissions Study - Final
Report' produced by the UK's 'Carbon Trust' organization ( 825 KB)
This is the August 2009 release of the 'Pharmaceuticals Sector Carbon Emissions Study - Final Report'
produced by the UKs 'Carbon Trust' organization.
- Future of Energy Legislation Presentation Sept.
2008 ( 1 MB)
David Bleicher, AUE Conference 2008
Link to the online newsletter from the S-Lab (Safe, Successful and Sustainable Lab), an initiative of the
Higher Education Environmental Performance Improvement (HEEPI) project. S-Lab works in collaboration with the
US Labs21 initiative.
- The Carbon Trust: Relevant Web Site for
Agency with the mission to accelerate the move to a low carbon economy by working with organisations to
reduce carbon emissions and develop commercial low carbon technologies
- EnviroWise: Relevant Web Site for Sustainable
Envirowise delivers free, independent advice to UK businesses. This assistance enables companies to increase
profitability and reduce environmental impact
Indicates content available to ISPE members only.