Annual Meeting Call for Proposals
29 October–1 November 2017
Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
San Diego, CA USA
2017 Conference Theme: Driving Innovation to Advance Patient Therapies
It's time to submit your proposal for the 2017 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo in San Diego! The ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo is the premier global professional development event of its kind, featuring dozens of interactive education sessions focused on the most significant trends in the pharmaceutical engineering field. The conference provides diverse knowledge-sharing and peer-to-peer learning opportunities offered by leading experts/practitioners worldwide.
Please review the directions on the proposals submission form carefully prior to submitting your proposal.
- Online submission opens 30 November 2016
- Proposal submission deadline: 3 February 2017
- Review the 2017 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo conference tracks and requested topics linked below.
- Review the proposal submission criteria and options described below.
- Contact Marianne Bock, Senior Program Manager, Continuing Education, if you have any questions.
- Communicate with all proposed speakers for your session proposal (excluding proposed regulatory speakers), confirming their interest and availability to present. We encourage you to involve them in the development of your proposal.
2017 Conference Tracks and Requested Topics
Proposals are sought for the following Tracks and Special Interest Categories:
- End-to-End Supply Chain Management Track
- Facilities and Equipment Track
- Information Systems Track
- Innovation Forum
- Product Development and Production Systems Track
- Quality Systems and Regulatory Track
- Executive Focus
- Women in Pharma
- Foundational Topics for Young Professionals
- Professional Development/Career Enhancement
CLICK REQUESTED TOPICS BUTTON BELOW FOR DETAILS
Proposal Criteria and Options
ISPE Annual Meeting session proposals are evaluated by industry subject matter experts in an open review process. Oversight of the review process is provided by the 2017 ISPE Annual Meeting Education Program Committee, with management support from ISPE’s Continuing Education department.
Proposed education sessions must be:
- Commercial-free – focused on content issues, knowledge-sharing, and peer-to-peer learning
- Aligned with the overall conference theme
- Embedded with ample opportunities for interaction and discussion
- Formatted to meet session learning objectives. Options include presentations, panel discussions, exercises, debates, etc.
- Technically relevant to the industry, current, accurate, and reflective of industry standards
- Supported by examples from industry experience, case studies, research, and/or publications
Three types of sessions are now available for submission:
- 60- or 90-Minute Session
- A single interactive education session (with a minimum of two, maximum of three presentations or consisting of a panel, etc.) on one overall topic.
- Includes a minimum of 10–15 minutes for Q/A or discussion
- Must have a session leader or moderator responsible for communication and coordination with all presenters
- May be part of a series of sessions (Part 1, Part 2, etc.)
- 2-Hour Workshop Session
- Must include clear learning objectives, practical takeaways, and interactive elements such as exercises, problem solving, discussion groups, etc.
- Limited presentations – no more that 50-60% of workshop content
- Must have a workshop leader responsible for communication and coordination with all workshop presenters/facilitators
- 30-Minute Single-Presentation Session
- Single presentation, 20–25 minutes in length, with opportunities for Q & A
- Given by one presenter on a focused topic of technical merit