Education Leader and Presenter FAQ
Education Leader and Presenter FAQ
In what form should my presentation be?
- You are encouraged to design your presentation to be as interactive as possible. Consider:
- Case studies
- Interactive discussions on topics
- Invite questions from registrants before they arrive on site (ISPE CE Office will invite questions and
collect for you)
- Always include opportunity for Questions and Answers! A 45-mintue slot should include a minimum of 10
minutes of Q&A and an hour's should include a minimum of 15 minutes of Q&A
- Take advantage of the Audience Response System to integrate
How do I submit my presentation?
PowerPoint: How to Upload, Guidelines
What are the benefits of speaking at an ISPE Conference?
- Presenters are invited and encouraged to attend the entire program at which they are leading/speaking at
no charge and receive CEU credits for attending. Breaks and lunch are complimentary on the days you
- Presenters receive an Education Program Certificate to attend another North American or European
continuing education program.
- 50% off any 2 day CE conference (or two one-day conferences, same event)
- US$600 off a Training course
- Annual Meeting education: 50% discount off registration (includes meals and networking events)
- The coupon is transferable to a colleague.
- It is good for two years but is not applicable toward evening, social or hotel costs.
- ISPE keeps a database of Education Program Certificates, so if you have lost yours, contact the CE
department for research to see if you still have an active one.
- Thank you for volunteering. As a not-for-profit, professional society, ISPE depends on its members for
generating education topics and for presenting. Unfortunately we are financially unable to provide either
presenter honoraria, nor support travel.
Why do I have to sign the Volunteer Presenter Agreement?
- While ISPE is a professional society whose education content comes from its volunteers, as volunteers,
still the information presented comes under the auspices of intellectual property. It is incumbent upon the
Society to recognize the importance of the sharing of this intellectual property and to handle it in
accordance with a written agreement.
- The agreement is thus designed to protect both ISPE as it makes information available to its Members and
registrants, as well as to protect the volunteer.
- If your company has questions regarding elements of the agreement, please have them call the Director of
- Will someone else be able to use my presentation?
- Not usually. That is, we have had instances where a COP such as GAMP has worked so closely that different
members of that community share slides and slide decks.
- When we are asked for access in such instances, we insist that the community fully communicates among
What are my rights to my presentation as per the Speaker Agreement?
- Can I still use this presentation in another conference or meeting?
- Do I need ISPE's permission to reuse my presentation?
- Will ISPE ask me before reusing my presentation?
- The presentation will be maintained, but ISPE will not repurpose it into another format such as a
recorded webinar or knowledge brief without discussing this with you and obtaining your permission by email
or phone (confirmed by email), and likely your direct participation into the new format, or your indirect
participation in reviewing.
- How might my presentation be repurposed?
- Recorded or live webinar
- Knowledge Brief
- Topic for an E-Letter
- Article for Pharmaceutical Engineering
What should my Biosketch include?
- Short bios are brief introductions for the purpose of allowing the potential registrant to understand the
education and professional background of presenters.
- A professional bio should be no longer than 150 words.
- It will appear as a link of your name as listed on the ISPE website.
- Here is a sample
In what format should I submit my photo?
- Please send a headshot photo. true headshots should be cropped just below the shoulders.
- Please submit as a JPG.
- 300 dpi is quite adequate
Do I need to register for the session and event in which I am speaking? What about committee
meetings? What about committee meetings?
- For Topic-Focused Conferences, ISPE staff will register you.
- Registration, lunch, breaks, and a Network Reception are complimentary for the seminar in which you are
speaking. You are encouraged to attend it all!
- If you are also attending some committee meetings, email the name of those committee meetings to jrill@ISPE.org and we will make sure that you are registered for them.
- For Annual Meeting, you will be registered by the Continuing Education staff for the session in which you
are presenting and one complimentary meal. Registration for all other education and conference events is
completed using a special Leader-Speaker Registration Form that you will receive when you have completed your
Volunteer Presenter Agreement.
Whom do I contact for questions about my presentation format and/or content?
How do we request a Regulatory Speaker?
- Regulatory speakers, whether you know the name of the person you wish to be invited, or whether you just
have a topic on which you will request a regulator to speak, need to be communicated to the ISPE office
very early in your planning process!
- ISPE works regularly with global regulators and has professional regulatory advisors who are the
interface between ISPE (representing it industry members) and regulatory bodies. Once specific requests for
speakers are made to the Director of Continuing Education, they are then discussed with the appropriate
advisor(s) and through a well-established process, invitations made.
- At no time should any volunteer ISPE planning committee or presenter directly contact any regulator to
invite them to participate as a speaker in an ISPE conference.
- However, once a formal invitation has been made - and accepted - ISPE Headquarters will notify program
committees and presenters and provide direct contact information so that the regulator may fully participate
with the presenting group.
I have a new idea, or a new presentation I would like to suggest.
- ISPE is very interested in its Members' ideas for education programming publications, and other knowledge
resources, and wishes to invite Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to fully participate in their development.
Please use this form to submit your ideas. PLEASE NOTE: ISPE is now using an electronic submission form for
all topics that may be considered in its e-Learning (webinars, online courses, etc.), Continuing Education,
Training, Technical Documents, and publications, including Pharmaceutical Engineering magazine, the Journal
of Pharmaceutical Innovation, Knowledge Briefs, and E-letters.
- Submit your proposal using Abstract
Last Update: 07 September 2012