Article of the Year Award
About the Roger F. Sherwood Article of the Year Award
Pharmaceutical Engineering has established an "Article of the Year" award to recognize the contribution of authors. Articles are evaluated by a panel of volunteer reviewers according to a number of criteria, concentrating on the importance and timeliness of the subject matter and the quality of the presentation. The criteria for judging is as follows:
- Is it directly useful to the readers in their efforts to improve the industry and themselves?
- Does it improve knowledge/understanding of key topics?
- Is it clear, easy to read? (Low jargon usage)
- Quality of artwork, graphs, etc.
- Appropriate length
The finalists for each “Article of the Year” are chosen from the September/October issue of the previous year, through the July/August issue of the current year. Finalists are announced in each September/October issue of Pharmaceutical Engineering. The author(s) of the winning article are recognized at ISPE’s Annual Meeting; held each November. The award program was established to express appreciation to all of the authors who submit their work for publication in Pharmaceutical Engineering.
- 2015 Article of the Year Award Winner and Finalists
- 2014 Article of the Year Award Winner and Finalists